Location: Ellesmere Port
The Education Network is seeking a learning mentor/buddy to provide ongoing support to a Year 9 Student attending High School in the Ellesmere Port area. The learning mentor/buddy will work with the student (who is in care) to help overcome attachment issues which are leading to periods of school truancy, and safety issues. You will be able to build strong relationships with the student, and develop a level of trust, encouraging the student to remain in school and fully access the curriculum. This is a full time (school hours) role, based within school, and will commence as soon as the right person has been found. You will have experience of working in a similar environment either as an SEN TA, or from within the care community.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of working in a similar environment
- A willingness to participate in relevant training and development opportunities
- Be keen to learn and develop professionally
- Be able to work on their own initiative
- Be a pro-active team member, committed to raising standards and achievements
- Have a passion for education and raising the achievement of all children
To express interest, please submit a CV via the link below, and if suitably qualified our consultant will contact you to further discuss the role.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.
Searches related to this post: Teaching Assistant, SEND, 1:1, Education, Mentor, Learning