Year 6 Teaching Assistant - Mornings Only - South Shields
We are currently seeking a capable, passionate and hard-working Teaching Assistant to work with Year 6 in one of our fantastic partnerships junior schools in South Shields. This is to fill a specific, long-term role supporting the Year 6 pupils through the most challenging phase of their primary school career.
This is a small school which prides itself on its friendly, caring atmosphere and hardworking, well-behaved pupils.
We will accept applications from both experienced Teaching Assistants and newly qualified practitioners who are excited to learn and develop as professionals. Successful candidates will be expected to provide learning support across a range of abilities, and should aim to become a valued part of the school community.
Successful candidates must:
* Hold their Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or higher
* Have recent and relevant experience supporting learning in UK schools
* Possess good behaviour management skills and the ability to build strong professional rapports with children and staff
* Be able to effectively assist the teacher on a 1:1, small group or whole class basis, depending on what is required
* Have a full understanding of safeguarding procedures and the responsibilities of a Teaching Assistant
If you think that you could be suitable for the role of Year 6 Teaching Assistant or would simply like to ask a few questions, then please apply directly to this advert or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information; we look forward to hearing from you! The Education Network are acting as a recruitment agency for this vacancy.
If you have not heard form us within 3 working days, then your application for the role of Year 6 Teaching Assistant has been unsuccessful.