Primary NQTs - South Tyneside/Gateshead
Are you an NQT looking for primary teaching work from September? Feeling stressed about the pressure to submit job applications on top of your final placement commitments? Worried that you will be left with nothing to do once your course finishes?
Don't panic. We are here to help.
Here at The Education Network, we understand that most Newly Qualified Teachers want a full-time, permanent role in their dream primary school and that they ideally want to start straight away. However, if things don't quite work out like that, there are lots and lots of benefits to being a supply teacher which make it a much more viable option than you may think.
* You get to 'try before you buy' - schools are all very different and so are teachers, so you need to make SURE that you are the right 'fit' for a school before you take the plunge and accept a permanent offer. Your NQT year is a tough one, so you need to ensure you will be happy and supported.
* Schools get to try before they buy - if a school likes you, they will ask you back and if a job does come up, you will have the edge.
* Head teacher network - a verbal recommendation can go a long way.
* You can gain experience - you may think that you know what Key Stage/Year Group you prefer, but you'll never know until you try!
* Enhance your CV - gain experience in a range of settings and year groups
* You can complete your NQT year on supply - we get lots of requests for long term cover from our partnership schools and currently have several NQTs who are happily getting on with their induction!
* Flexibility - you can do as little or as much work as you want!
* Keep trying - you can still search for jobs whilst on supply and we will happily help you with your application/interview techniques! At the end of the day, it is our job to help you get a job.
For an informal chat about signing up with The Education Network and what life is like on supply, please email email@example.com or call the office on 0191 2323780 and ask for Beth. As a qualified teacher myself, I know exactly how you feel and would love to pass on my experiences. Looking forward to hearing from you!