Vacancy: English Sunderland
On behalf of our client school in Sunderland we are seeking to appoint a passionate and dedicated Teacher of English to join their talented and successful English department. The school itself is an over-subscribed and outstanding 11-16 school based in the Sunderland area. This vacancy is starting in September and will be a one year fixed term contract.
The successful candidate will be committed to excellence through innovative practice. The post would suit either an NQT, who would be given a comprehensive induction programme, an RQT or an experienced teacher seeking further professional development. Candidates will be expected to teach across KS3-4, whilst effectively maintaining a positive learning environment.
Standard requirements are:
- QTS or equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience of teaching English at KS3 and KS4
- Be well organised with high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
- Have knowledge of the National Curriculum.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, parents and students.
- Have great organisation and time management skills.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance + standards. Any appointment will be subject to stringent checks including referencing and an enhanced DBS check. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.