Science - Biology KS5 specialism (part time post for a term)
Education Network are currently looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable teacher of Science is for a strong and vibrant department in a Manchester school. This is a specialist school and are looking to appoint a qualified KS3,KS4/KS5 Science teacher with a specialism in Biology to join their strong Science department.
The role offers the opportunity to teach both separate and integrated/combined science at GCSE as well as separate Science at A-Level. Qualified Teacher Status is ESSENTIAL for employment. Applicants without QTS or equivalent
The role requires excellent classroom management, effective communication skills and the ability to empathise and develop effective professional relationships with students of a broad range of backgrounds.
The successful candidate will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status - recognisable in the UK
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Passion for the classroom role
- Have strong classroom management and an ongoing commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of National Curriculum science specifications
- Previous experience of teaching science at GCSE and ideally at A-Level in UK secondary schools
- A passion for teaching and a genuine desire to help students of all backgrounds succeed
- A track record of effective teaching as evidenced by previous results
- The willingness to develop teaching skills, working as a team player and sharing best practice
- Excellent practical science skills
- A willingness to be involved in the wider school community and extra-curricular activities
In line with our recruitment and safeguarding guidelines we will require a current CRB or you will be willing to complete a new application, you will be able to provide referee details and you will be eligible to work in the UK with a valid teaching qualification.
These include: PGCE (Postgraduate certificate of education), SCITT (School-centred initial teacher training)
BEd (Bachelor of education); GTP (Graduate Teacher Programme); BA/BSc with QTS (Bachelor of arts or science with QTS)
You may also hold a valid teaching qualification from overseas that has been assessed by UK Naric and have either gained your QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or be within your 4 year limit.
Working with The Education Network:
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days