Our client, a large SEN provision based in Gainford, are now looking to recruit learning coaches for a number of long term contracts as well as day to day cover.
The role of the learner coach is to support learning from a person-centred curriculum, with a focus on developing behaviour, independence and life skills.
- The learning Coach will be expected to support learners within their timetable, supporting them to work towards accredited qualifications
- Provide learners with constructive feedback and record this
-Communicate with families and relevant stakeholders regarding student progress or issues as appropriate
- Undertake relevant training
- Understand the needs of learners and use methods accordingly to support learners to overcome barriers to learning
- Accompany learners on offsite trips and educational visits, evaluating and assessing each student's performance against set learning objectives
- Prepare various reports ensuring monitoring of incidents/overviews are completed against deadlines set
- Ensure deadlines are met throughout the provision
- Attend meetings relating to the students when required. Attend staff meetings within the agreed periods of directed time
- Act within professional codes of practice
Working with The Education Network:
You will be working with a fully trained team of education specialists whose sole focus is on the education sector. Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 50 years and have unrivaled reputation within the North East's education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from our team.
We are not a company who needs to hit targets for the number of people we interview we are a company who has pride in the service we provide and in the teachers and support staff we work with. You are more than a number when you are working with us.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to stringent checks including referencing and an enhanced DBS check. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.