Science Teacher (Chemistry Specialism ) needed for a 'Good' Secondary School in Stockton.
Enthusiastic and knowledgeable Chemistry Teacher with QTS/QTLS is required for a strong and vibrant department in a Secondary School. They are looking to appoint a qualified KS3, KS4 and KS5 Science teacher with a specialism in Chemistry to join their strong science department. This position is on a permanent basis starting on the 23rd August and will be paid to scale from day 1.
The successful Chemistry Teacher will have a proven track record for improving attainment and be able to create detailed and effective plans catering to the needs of mixed ability classes and using assessment to inform these plans.
The role offers the opportunity to teach both separate and integrated/combined science at GCSE as well as chemistry at A-Level. Results over the last years have been good, the school has made many improvements and they are rightly proud of their achievements.
The role requires excellent classroom management, effective communication skills and the ability to empathise and develop effective professional relationships with students of a broad range of backgrounds. The school has an excellent senior management team and encourage staff to improve their practice through offering regular CPD opportunities.
The successful Chemistry Teacher will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status - recognisable in the UK
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Passion for life long learning
- Have strong classroom management and an ongoing commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of National Curriculum science specifications
- Previous experience of teaching science at GCSE and ideally chemistry at A-Level in UK Secondary Schools or Further Education Colleges
- A passion for teaching and a genuine desire to help students of all backgrounds succeed
- A track record of effective teaching as evidenced by previous results
- The willingness to develop teaching skills, working as a team player and sharing best practice
- Excellent practical science skills
- A willingness to be involved in the wider school community and extra-curricular activities
The Education Network has a team of fully trained Education Specialists who provide an honest, efficient service and take pride in delivering high levels of service and after care to our candidates and clients. We visit schools to find out their requirements in order to better match candidates and clients.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.