Science Teacher needed for a 'Good' Secondary School in Durham.
Enthusiastic and knowledgeable teacher of Science with QTS is required for a strong and vibrant department in a Secondary School. They are looking to appoint a qualified KS3, KS4 and KS5 Science teacher with a specialism in any discipline (Biology, Chemistry or Physics) to join their strong science department.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record for improving attainment and be able to create detailed and effective plans catering to the needs of mixed ability classes and using assessment to inform these plans.
The role offers the opportunity to teach both separate and integrated/combined science at GCSE as well as separate science at A-Level. Results over the last years have been good, the school has made many improvements and they are rightly proud of their achievements.
Qualified Teacher Status is ESSENTIAL for employment.
The role requires excellent classroom management, effective communication skills and the ability to empathise and develop effective professional relationships with students of a broad range of backgrounds. The school has an excellent senior management team and encourage staff to improve their practice through offering regular CPD opportunities.
The successful candidate will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status - recognisable in the UK
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Passion for life long learning
- Have strong classroom management and an ongoing commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of National Curriculum science specifications
- Previous experience of teaching science at GCSE and ideally at A-Level in UK secondary schools
- A passion for teaching and a genuine desire to help students of all backgrounds succeed
- A track record of effective teaching as evidenced by previous results
- The willingness to develop teaching skills, working as a team player and sharing best practice
- Excellent practical science skills
- A willingness to be involved in the wider school community and extra-curricular activities
In line with our recruitment and safeguarding guidelines we will require a current CRB or you will be willing to complete a new application, you will be able to provide referee details and you will be eligible to work in the UK with a valid teaching qualification.
Benefits of working with us include:
* Excellent rates of pay
* CPD training opportunities
* Tax relief on expenses
* A dedicated, experienced Education Consultant who will listen to your requirements and provide suitable work to fit with what you need, along with support and advice as appropriate.
The Education Network has a team of fully trained Education Specialists who provide an honest, efficient service and take pride in delivering high levels of service and after care to our candidates and clients. We visit schools to find out their requirements in order to better match candidates and clients.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.