Science Teacher needed Wakefield - Sept 2018
The Education Network are recruiting for an outstanding teacher of science to join a well respected Academy in Wakefield. The school is looking to appoint a qualified KS3, KS4 Science Teacher with a specialism in any discipline (Biology, Chemistry or Physics) to join their Science department. KS5 experience would be preferable but not essential.
- Science Teacher
- KS3, KS4 & KS5
- Pay to Scale
Qualified Teacher Status and UK experience is essential for employment. Applicants without QTS will not be considered. The role requires excellent classroom management, effective communication skills and the ability to empathise and develop effective professional relationships with students.
The successful candidate will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status - recognisable in the UK
- Experience of teaching Science (Biology/Chemistry/Physics)
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Passion for the classroom role
- Have strong classroom management and an ongoing commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of National Curriculum science specifications
- A passion for teaching and a genuine desire to help students of all backgrounds succeed
- A track record of effective teaching as evidenced by previous results
- The willingness to develop teaching skills, working as a team player and sharing best practice
- Excellent practical science skills
- A willingness to be involved in the wider school community and extra-curricular activities
In line with our recruitment and safeguarding guidelines we will require a current CRB or you will be willing to complete a new application, you will be able to provide referee details and you will be eligible to work in the UK with a valid teaching qualification.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.