Residential Child Care Officer
Are you a Residential Child Care officer with experience in a primary setting? Have you worked with challenging behaviour? This Primary SEMH School are looking for an experienced and proactive Residential Child Care Officer to join the team. You will be acting as a Keyworker for small group of children with Special Educational Needs. You will need to be sensitive to the needs of individual children as this is a SEMH environment. You will need to be an engaging person who is able to provide tailored support to primary children, helping them to develop life skills and raise levels of self-esteem. Interviews will be held locally for this fantastic school setting.
Ideally you will be:
- A Residential Child Care Officer used to working with children with barriers to learning
- A confident classroom practitioner able to support lessons in a creative and inspiring manner
- Used to finding creative solutions to challenging behaviour
- Encouraging participation in lessons and activities
- Happy to work on a 1-2-1 or small group basis
- Able to provide support to teaching staff across core subjects
- A friendly, professional and dedicated Residential Child Care Officer
- Able to provide recent, relevant references
In return you will enjoy:
- Good rates of pay
- Long-term opportunity
- Plenty of support at school level
- Working as part of a fabulous team
- Being part of something that will enable you to make a real difference.
For more information about this Teaching Assistant role please contact Harry Chase for a chat and to progress to interview.
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to Harry.Chase@theeducationnetwork.co.uk or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance - 01214238000.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy