Pupil Referral Unit – Dudley
The Education Network is working closely with this Ofsted “Good” PRU on a long term opportunity for an experienced Teaching Assistant. This Alternative Provision offers the opportunity to work with Secondary aged students who have faced barriers to learning. You will be working with students who require additional classroom based support and positive reinforcement. You will be responsible for ensuring that students remain focused in lessons, and continue the necessary levels of academic progression. This is a great opportunity for a Teaching Assistant who is looking to join a great existing team who aim to make a difference to the young people that they work with.
Ideally you will be:
- A Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor used to working with children and young adults with barriers to learning
- A confident classroom practitioner able to support lessons in a creative and inspiring manner
- Used to finding creative solutions to challenging behaviour
- Encouraging participation in lessons
- Happy to work on a 1-2-1 or small group basis
- Able to provide support to teaching staff across core subjects
- A friendly, professional and dedicated Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor
- Able to provide recent, relevant education references
In return you will enjoy:
- Good rates of pay
- Long-term opportunity
- Plenty of support at school level
- Working as part of a fabulous team
- Being part of something that will enable you to make a real difference.
For more information about this Teaching Assistant role please contact Harry Chase for a chat and to progress to interview.
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to Harry.Chase@theeducationnetwork.co.uk or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance - 01214238000.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy