£65 - £75 Per Day
This local Pupil Referral Unit with an excellent team, good facilities and a progressive approach are looking for a qualified Teaching Assistant to join their team. You will be working with Key stage 3 & 4 students who need additional classroom based support. You will be responsible for working with small groups of secondary aged students, managing classroom behaviour and providing academic support. This is a highly rewarding role as you are able to make a positive impact on the students that you are working with. Senior leadership are focused on providing staff and students with a high standard of support, and maintaining a great work environment. This is a great opportunity for a Teaching Assistant who has experience working with challenging behaviour and is looking for their next long-term opportunity. This PRU is easily accessible from Wolverhampton, Walsall, Willenhall and Bloxwich.
Ideally you will be:
- A TA or Learning Mentor used to working with children and young adults with barriers to learning
- A confident classroom practitioner able to support lessons in a creative and inspiring manner
- Used to finding creative solutions to challenging behaviour
- Encouraging participation in lessons
- Happy to work on a 1-2-1 or small group basis
- Able to provide support to teaching staff across core subjects
- A friendly, professional and dedicated Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor
- Able to provide recent, relevant education references
In return you will enjoy:
- Good rates of pay
- Long-term opportunity
- Plenty of support at school level
- Working as part of a fabulous team
- Being part of something that will enable you to make a real difference.
For more information about this Teaching Assistant role please contact Harry Chase for a chat and to progress to interview. Interviews will be held localy.
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance - .
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy