Have you had experience working within Alternative Provisions? Do you want to provide support to the students who need it most? This Local Pupil Referral Unit are looking for an inspiring Teaching Assistant to join the team and work with small groups of secondary aged students who have faced barriers to learning. With a great team and fantastic support from senior leadership, this is a great opportunity for a Teaching Assistant who has experience working with challenging behaviour. This is a rewarding opportunity for a Teaching Assistant who is looking to make a difference to the young people that they work with. Helping children engage with lessons is among your primary brief, alongside managing classroom behaviour and providing a supporting and nurturing environment.
Ideally you will be:
- A Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor used to working with children with barriers to learning
- A confident classroom practitioner able to support lessons in a creative and inspiring manner
- Used to finding creative solutions to challenging behaviour
- Encouraging participation in lessons
- Happy to work on a 1-2-1 or small group basis
- Able to provide support to teaching staff across core subjects
- A friendly, professional and dedicated Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor
- Able to provide recent, relevant education references
In return you will enjoy:
- Good rates of pay
- Long-term opportunity
- Plenty of support at school level
- Working as part of a fabulous team
- Being part of something that will enable you to make a real difference.
For more information about this Teaching Assistant role please contact Harry Chase for a chat and to progress to interview.
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to Harry.Chase@theeducationnetwork.co.uk or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance - 01214238000.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy