We are looking for a Youth Worker to support children and young adults that are currently in an Alternative Provision with a residential element. As a Youth Worker we would expect you to be able to communicate with a broad range of young people providing them with the inspiration and support they need to meet academic objectives. Sometimes this is as simple as finding out what the barriers to learning are, how you can support them in overcoming the barriers and engaging with teaching and support staff. I love working with the staff at this school, simply put I think they are “awesome” and work tirelessly to make a difference to the lives of children and young adults that need it most. Could this be you?
Above everything else you need to be:-
- A positive role model
- A great listener
- Able to show capacity not to take yourself too seriously
- Up to date with youth culture, music, games, sport, TV
Must have previous experience in this or a similar role where the welfare of the young person and their progress within education was key.
- Previous Education, Youth Work experience
- Good standard of education
- Intervention training
- Good sense of humour
In return you will enjoy:-
- Making a difference to the life of a child
- Good rates of pay
- Long-term prospects
- Fantastic support at school level
- Working as part of an inspiration and I need to say it “awesome” team
We will be interviewing locally and would love to chat to you so please call Marie of Harry at The Education Network.