Science Teacher - Selby - Urgently required for a temp to perm role. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable teacher of science with QTS is required for a strong and vibrant department in a North Yorkshire school. They are looking to appoint a qualified KS3, KS4 and 5 Science teacher with a specialism in any discipline (Biology, Chemistry or Physics) to join their strong science department.
The role offers the opportunity to teach both separate and integrated/combined science at GCSE as well as separate science at A-Level. Results over the last years have been good, the school has made many improvements and they are rightly proud of their achievements.
Qualified Teacher Status and UK experience is ESSENTIAL for employment. Applicants without QTS will not be considered.
The role requires excellent classroom management, effective communication skills and the ability to empathise and develop effective professional relationships with students of a broad range of backgrounds.
The successful candidate will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status - recognisable in the UK
- Have strong classroom management skills
- Passion for the classroom role
- Have strong classroom management and an ongoing commitment to Continuing Professional Development
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of National Curriculum science specifications
- Previous experience of teaching science at GCSE and ideally at A-Level in UK secondary schools
- A passion for teaching and a genuine desire to help students of all backgrounds succeed
- A track record of effective teaching as evidenced by previous results
- The willingness to develop teaching skills, working as a team player and sharing best practice
- Excellent practical science skills
- A willingness to be involved in the wider school community and extra-curricular activities
In line with our recruitment and safeguarding guidelines we will require a current CRB or you will be willing to complete a new application, you will be able to provide referee details and you will be eligible to work in the UK with a valid teaching qualification.
- PGCE (Postgraduate certificate of education)
- SCITT (School-centred initial teacher training)
- BEd (Bachelor of education)
- GTP (Graduate Teacher Programme)
- BA/BSc with QTS (Bachelor of arts or science with QTS)
Working with The Education Network:
You will be working with a fully trained team of education specialists whose sole focus is on the education sector. Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 50 years and have unrivalled reputation within the North East's education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
We are not a company who needs to hit targets for the number of people we interview we are a company who has pride in the service we provide and in the teachers and support staff we work with. You are more than a number when you are working with us.