£60 -£70 Per Day
Are you a youth worker looking for an exciting new challenge? This fantastic Alternative Provision are looking for a Youth Worker to provide pastoral support to students with challenging behaviour. You will be working with Key Stage 3 students who have faced barriers to learning, encouraging them to take part in education and managing behaviour. You will be responsible for deescalating behaviour, providing pastoral support, building positive relationships and helping students to overcome barriers to learning. This school are looking for an individual with experience as a Youth Worker who can motivate young people and act as a positive role model for students. You will be joining a dynamic team who are focused on providing students with a high level of support. Senior leadership are excellent and they can be seen actively engaging with both staff and students onsite. This is a challenging and extremely rewarding setting to work in, easily accessible from Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley, Tipton and West Bromwich.
Ideally you will be:
- A Youth Worker or TA used to working with children and young adults with barriers to learning
- A confident classroom practitioner able to support lessons in a creative and inspiring manner
- Used to finding creative solutions to challenging behaviour
- Encouraging participation in lessons
- Happy to work on a 1-2-1 or small group basis
- Able to provide behavior support to teaching staff
- A friendly, professional and dedicated Teaching Assistant or Learning Mentor
- Able to provide recent, relevant education references
In return you will enjoy:
- Good rates of pay
- Long-term opportunity
- Plenty of support at school level
- Working as part of a fabulous team
- Being part of something that will enable you to make a real difference.
For more information please contact Harry Chase for a chat and to progress to interview.
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to Harry.Chase@theeducationnetwork.co.uk or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance - 01214238000.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy